Executive Committee Meeting – August 2016

Meeting called to order at 8:44 pm.

Attendance: Michael M., Mike B., Emi B., Karen R., Deb M., Winona P., and Rahul I.

Agenda

Officer Reports:

Vice President Education (Karen & Deb)

  • Karen will be replacing Michael H. as Chief Judge for next week’s contest; Michael will mentor her instead.
  • September 6th will be the next possible speech-a-thon date, if there ends up being low attendance planned for that week. Emi offered an alternative of a grab-bag meeting where assignments – speakers included – are drawn from a bag at the meeting. Emi participated in a grab-bag meeting at Valued Voices and it went REALLY well and was educational for all.
  • Deb is training as new VPE. Karen will have her start scheduling now, under supervision, so she’ll understand the process. She has great plans for updating the spreadsheets.
  • Spooky Tales is rescheduled for November 1st and plans are in the works to have it at the Gilbert Historical Museum. Winona will be the chair, taking point on signing up speakers and food contributions and coordinating decorations. There was a discussion on adding an impromptu exercise to the event, such as a group story with table topics timing.
  • Michael H. plans to do the Moments of Truth module for the November 22nd meeting.
  • Pablo volunteered as chair for the Christmas party this year.

Vice President Membership (Winona)

  • No attendees for orientation tonight.
  • First time guest Jeff submitted his application tonight.
  • Winona will follow up with Paulette.
  • Karen suggested changing new member induction ceremony to the same week as orientation so it can be promoted as a package. Emi so moved, Winona seconded and the motion passed.

Vice President Public Relations (Mike B.)

  • Mike will offer photography services over the next 2-3 weeks. Some headshots need to be retaken.
  • He plans to do a new video to promote Spooky Tales and an announcement in the papers.

Vice President Mentoring (Casey absent)

Treasurer (Liz absent)

  • Renewals letters to go out on September 1st.
  • Audit Committee will meet at Rio Rico restaurant this Sunday at 1:00 pm.
  • Emi made an addition error on the dues schedule for August/September and it needs to be fixed for the guest packets.

Secretary (Emi)

  • Emi to resend profile request to clarify this is a PR effort and should focus on the positives, for publishing on the club website.

Sergeant At Arms (Rahul)

  • Hospitality committee on haitus.
  • Venue search will resume after club contest. Trying to find something within a block or two.
  • To address the issue of the lack of interest in the SAA role, Emi suggested having the SAA open the club meetings (call to order, pledge, mission statement, introduce presiding officer) so the position can be sold as a weekly opportunity to speak in front of the club.

Club Success Planning:

  • 2 CC’s:  Audrey 8/16/2016, Casey 12/31/2016
  • 2 CC’s:  Pablo 6/30/2017, Liz 6/30/2016
  • 1 AC: Winona 9/6/2016
  • 1 AC: Rahul 3/31/2016
  • 1 CL/AL/DTM: Rahul (CL) 12/31/2016
  • 1 CL/AL/DTM: Michael M (ALB) 12/31/2016

Meeting adjourned at 9:20 pm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *