October 6, 2015 Maverick Club Meeting at Sun Valley High School – 14 in attendance
Presiding Officer Liz Shaw
Induction Ceremony for Karen Russ and Pablo Rodriquez
Karen Russ, CC Icebreaker – Project 1, winning speech revealed her love of travel with some exciting unexpected family trips. Evaluated by Liz Shaw as the winning evaluation.
DJ McMurray, CC Project 8 Get Comfortable with Motions in “13 Ranking Motions,” whetted our appetites for her upcoming presentation. Evaluation by Michael Millan.
Emi Bauer, REP- “Coming Soon to a Maverick Meeting” teased us in what she will be discussing at a later meeting. Evaluation by Rahul Iyer.
Table Topics by Winona Petersen with “Last Minute,” making up solutions in immediate problems
- Michael Heier introduced Japanese guests gaining moments to prepare to as host
- David DeCelles adlibbed Boy Scout vs. bear problem
- Nydia won with her fallen skirt stage solution
- Sheryl Ross cleaned the toilets at the wedding
- Nydia was a first timer
- Toastmaster – Casey Block
- Grammarian – Michael Heier
- General Evaluator – DeeLynn Southwick
- Timer – Mike Becko
- Ah Counter – Sheryl Ross
- Wordmaster – Rahul Iyer brought us “dilatory – slow to act or intending to cause delay”
- Word of Wisdom – Pablo Rodriquez
- Jokemaster – Liz Shaw
Business & Reports
Mike Becko made a motion to vote in David DeCelles as member. Winona Petersen seconded.
October 17th at Tempe Christian Church – Speech Contest
October 27th Spooky Tales Contest at Renee’s Club House
Adjourned 8:30 pm